Saturday 1 June 2013

Toes in the Sand Block 2




This week I received block 2 of my Toes In The Sand BOM. I am determined NOT to get behind. I am really enjoying this BOM. These blocks required half hexagons and triangles with the Hex n More ruler. I do have to concentrate a bit on this one, but only had to reverse sew one seam. Went together much better once the household cleared and I was home alone for a while. Ahhhh..... the serenity!!




I am slowly gathering more scraps to add to my small collection. I will use these to create some more 'made fabric' when I get a chance to try my hand at that again.







Now I have just a few photos of my garden to share. I know this is the first day of Winter, but I have been saving these to show you.
Autumn is my favourite time of year. With the cool nights it's much easier to sleep than those hot Summer nights we experienced so long ago. With warm days of Autumn, it's much more pleasant than the freezing nights and frosty mornings of Winter.We planted lots of deciduous trees when we built our house. We have been here 15 years now and can reap the reward of all the hard work planting these so long ago.

I just love the colours.






There Pistacias coloured beautifully on our front footpath. 











These Liquid Ambers growing down our driveway are now bare. I took this photos a few weeks ago now. 

All of these trees looked even better at sunset, the colours were really vivid then.

I just wish the wind would stay away so the leaves will hang there and colour my garden till Spring.

5 comments:

  1. I like the blues for your BOM. Autumn is my favourite season...the leaves are just magnificent...I hope my little trees grow quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious colours of Autumn and I love the way the leaves carpet the ground with colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blocks.......love the autumn colours........lost a lot of mine yesterday........most of the last of the leaves are gone..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone's becoming addicted to scraps! YEAH! It's so interesting to know you are going through winter as we are entering summer here. Beautiful trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh just love this shape, also the colours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog