Thursday 16 January 2014

Maverick Stars

I purchased these books months ago and have been keen to experiment with some scrappy quilts. It's amazing what you can with the tiniest pieces of farbic.
 

I was checking out Kevin's blog and got to see the reveal on his amazing Celtic Solstice flimsy. If you pop over, you will see he is also working on some Maverick Stars. I followed the link and decided this would be a good project to start using some scraps.
 
 
 

I have made eight blocks so far. I don't have a lot of scraps, so I went with a plain background. Lots of fun. This is going to be a baby quilt.
 

 

5 comments:

  1. You just can't go wrong with scrappy stars. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enormously proud of your scrappy talents! They look AMAZING! Kudos to you for experimenting with something new! This is going to make a darling baby quilt! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been interested in doing some of these too, I watch with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely work,you have been busy.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog