Saturday, 14 November 2015
Wednesday, 11 November 2015
We had a great time last weekend and met some lovely new friends.
Here are some photos from the retreat held at Middlebrook...
Googy Girl made this lovely table runner...
Susan brought along a cute litter of puppies...
Kylie worked on her first ever hand piecing project...
Karleen joined us for the first time...
Julie started her 'Gravity' quilt...
Jenny worked on her Christmas embroidery...
And Fiona was very busy on a mission to finish lots of projects. She definitely won the prize for the most finishes. I thought that Susan could graciously donate this gorgeous mini she finished quilting while she was there.
Strangely enough she was not keen to part with it.
So, Fiona will have to go with the alternate prize...
the pleasure of our company :)
I worked on my FMQ project from the Jan Foster workshop I attended recently. Also a little bit on my felt cushion from the Wendy Williams workshop I went to during the holidays.
We missed seeing some good friends from last year, hopefully they will be able to join in the fun again next year.
Saturday, 7 November 2015
Sunday, 1 November 2015
I made this block holder for me friend Kylie who celebrated her birthday last week.
It is made with fabrics from the Miss Kate range designed by Bonnie and Camille one of her favourite designers.
So I have five finishes for OPAM for the month of October, equalling my 2015 record from January. Not a bad effort considering it is school holidays during January. Two quilts, two block holders and a costume in one month.
I expect to return to my one finish per month average for the rest of 2015.
Finally, great news!!
I washed Violet and I am SO excited. The Colour Catchers performed their magic and the dye did not run into the rest of the quilt!
You might remember the problem I had when the dye ran after trying to remove the water soluble blue marker lines while quilting around the flower above. This photo does not show how dark the colour run was.
I took this flower off before washing and replaced it with the one at the top in the picture below.
I decided to leave the brown one, use lots of colour catchers and hope for the best. I have a front loading washing machine. I sat on the floor of the laundry like a child whose mum had just thrown their favourite teddy bear in for a wash and watched with baited breath....for and hour!
Slowly the colour catchers turned pale pink...pink... mauve...and then purple.
BUT, the background fabric stayed cream.
The best part was, the dye that had stained the background fabric around those flowers also washed out. I was SO happy with the result.
Hope you have had a relaxing weekend.