I made this block holder for me friend Kylie who celebrated her birthday last week.
It is made with fabrics from the Miss Kate range designed by Bonnie and Camille one of her favourite designers.
So I have five finishes for OPAM for the month of October, equalling my 2015 record from January. Not a bad effort considering it is school holidays during January. Two quilts, two block holders and a costume in one month.
I expect to return to my one finish per month average for the rest of 2015.
Finally, great news!!
I washed Violet and I am SO excited. The Colour Catchers performed their magic and the dye did not run into the rest of the quilt!
You might remember the problem I had when the dye ran after trying to remove the water soluble blue marker lines while quilting around the flower above. This photo does not show how dark the colour run was.
I took this flower off before washing and replaced it with the one at the top in the picture below.
I decided to leave the brown one, use lots of colour catchers and hope for the best. I have a front loading washing machine. I sat on the floor of the laundry like a child whose mum had just thrown their favourite teddy bear in for a wash and watched with baited breath....for and hour!
Slowly the colour catchers turned pale pink...pink... mauve...and then purple.
BUT, the background fabric stayed cream.
The best part was, the dye that had stained the background fabric around those flowers also washed out. I was SO happy with the result.
Hope you have had a relaxing weekend.